Voluntary and Community Action Sunderland (formerly Sunderland CVS) exist to champion and strengthen local charities, voluntary organisations and community groups.
- specialist expertise, information and support and develop the skills local people need to run successful organisations and groups
- spread good practice, prevent duplication of effort and support joint working
- help groups find funding and make effective use of resources
- promote equality and diversity by fostering a wider understanding of the needs of disadvantaged and under-represented groups
- make sure policy makers understand the needs of local voluntary organisations and community groups
- help public bodies engage effectively with local voluntary organisations and community groups
- encourage more people to volunteer and get involved in voluntary and community action.
- support with crisis management and organisational development.
VCAS offers a range of services available to both members and non-members.
- Meeting and training facilities
- Equipment hire
- Printing facilities
- Insert service
VOLUNTARY & COMMUNITY ACTION SUNDERLAND
21 Frederick Street
Tel: 0191 565 1566
Fax: 0191 565 1571
For more information visit VCAS at www.vcasunderland.org.uk