City Hospitals Sunderland is managed by our Board of Directors. An Executive Board is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of our organisation.
As a Foundation Trust, we also have a Board of Governors elected from our Foundation Community whose role it is to help us shape our plans for the future and to comment on how the Trust is run.
Both the Board of Directors and Board of Governors are Chaired by the Trust’s Chairman, John Anderson. The Board of Directors is made up of the Chairman, 5 part time Non Executive Directors and 5 Executive Directors.
The Board of Governors is made up of elected governors as follows:
- Patient Constituency – 2 seats
- Public Constituency (Sunderland) – 7 seats
- Public Constituency (North East) – 2 seats
- Staff Constituency (Medical & Dental) – 1 seat
- Staff Constituency (Clinical) – 2 seats
- Staff Constituency (Other) – 2 seats
Governors are elected for a period of 3 years.
Please see the links on the left for further details of our Board of Directors and Board of Governors.
The Board of Governor meetings are held in public. Should you wish to attend, the dates and times of the meetings can be found via the link on the left.